Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life and Death

My father , texts me on my iPhone.


He's in the hospital. He's having chest pains again.


I know he is scared. He has been there a lot. He is in pain. He may be dying.


He fears he is dying alone.


I offer him my compassion.


I tell him to meditate.


I tell him to realize he is nothing.


I tell him is connected to everything.


I tell him if he needs love to give love to those around him.


He blows me off. I get angry.


He acts like a child.


Begging me for distraction from the world.


I am angry.


I know what it means to live an angry life.


It is the life of destruction.


I sit with my anger. I focus on my feelings. I breath. I am mindful. I am thankful for the love others give to me, and the love i can give to them.


I release my anger. I breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment